Who said you needed meat to make a tasty curry? Well, I am here to show you an easy way to make a delicious curry without using meat.
By: Parusha Naidoo
Watch the full video of how to make easy vegan curry:
Using the Three Plus Three, Equals Curry.
1 onion 1 tsp garlic, grated
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chillie 500g to 1kg of vegetables or legumes
– Heat some oil in a pan
– Throw in the first three – onion, ginger and garlic. (Note: heaped teaspoons are best).
– Cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
– Throw in the second three – turmeric, cumin and chilli. (a normal teaspoon each for 500g, heaped teaspoons for 1kg)
– Cook for a minute or two until everything is slightly browned.
– Add in your vegetables or legumes.
– Cook on medium heat, stirring every few minutes.
– Add a little water if you notice sticking.
– Ready in 20-30 minutes depending on vegetables or legumes
Camera man/directing: Lesedi Rudolph – Facebook: le5edi
Assisted by: Lazola Gola and Mira Dutschke
Opening scene camera man: Robyn Mushanganyisi
Hand modelling: Laz, Dinika, Kitsi, Nisha, Davina and Anikesh
Parusha is an accidental chef, specialising in plant-based vegan food. She lives in Johannesburg and her goal is to make delicious, healthy food accessible and convenient for everyone. She shares her passion for food through creating events, art, cooking classes, menu consulting, and most recently making recipe videos. She is always exploring new ways of thinking about food and encourages others to do the same.